Did you know that 89% of business travelers prefer to use a credit card that offers travel rewards? If you’re a frequent traveler, finding the best business credit card for travel rewards is essential. In this article, we will explore Nerdwallet’s top picks for business travel credit cards, the benefits of airline miles, and how to choose the right card for your travel needs. Discover how you can maximize your rewards and make your business trips even more rewarding.
- The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, American Express Business Platinum Card, American Express Business Gold Card, Capital One Spark Miles for Business, Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card, and CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard are top business travel credit cards to consider.
- When applying for a business credit card, it’s important to research and compare different options, visit the issuer’s website or call customer service, provide basic business information and financial documents, and go through the application review and decision process.
- Travel points on a business credit card are earned for every dollar spent, with bonus points often available for specific categories. These points can be redeemed for travel expenses by booking through a travel portal or transferring them to loyalty programs. Additional perks like airport lounge access and travel insurance may also be offered.
- The benefits of travel rewards credit cards include access to airport lounges, hotel discounts, airline miles, travel insurance, and a more comfortable travel experience. When choosing the right business credit card for travel, it’s important to evaluate business needs and preferences, consider the frequency of travel and preferred airlines or hotels, align rewards with business goals, and make use of sign-up bonuses and optimized spending categories to maximize benefits.
Nerdwallet’s Top Picks for Business Travel Credit Cards
Nerdwallet has curated a list of top business travel credit cards that offer exceptional rewards and benefits. For business travelers who want to make the most out of their travel expenses, these credit cards provide an avenue for earning valuable rewards and enjoying exclusive perks. Among the top picks is the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card, which offers generous rewards in categories such as travel, advertising, and shipping.
Another notable option is the American Express Business Platinum Card, known for its premium benefits like airport lounge access and annual travel credits. These credit cards not only cater to the needs of frequent travelers but also foster a sense of community among like-minded professionals seeking the best travel rewards. Transitioning to the subsequent section about the best business credit card for airline miles, let’s explore how these credit cards can help business travelers maximize their airline rewards.
Best Business Credit Card for Airline Miles
One of the top contenders for the best business credit card for airline miles is the Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card. This card offers a generous sign-up bonus and allows business owners to earn valuable rewards on their everyday spending. With this card, you can earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable, and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines each account anniversary year.
Additionally, you can earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases. The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card also provides a variety of travel benefits, including trip cancellation insurance, rental car insurance, and cell phone protection. See the table below for a comparison of this card with other top contenders in the market.
|Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
|3x points on select categories
|American Express Business Gold Card
|4x points on 2 select categories
|Capital One Spark Miles for Business
|2x miles on all purchases
|$0 intro for the first year, then $95
|Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card
|3x miles on eligible Delta purchases
|CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select Mastercard
|2x miles on eligible American Airlines purchases
|$99, waived for first 12 months
When it comes to choosing the best business credit card for airline miles, it is important to consider your specific business needs and spending habits. The Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card stands out for its generous sign-up bonus, competitive earning potential, and valuable travel benefits. However, it is worth comparing it with other top contenders in the market to find the card that best suits your business and travel goals.
Best Business Travel Credit Cards
When considering the best business credit card for travel rewards, it is important to explore the options available for the best business travel credit cards. These cards offer a range of benefits and perks that can enhance your travel experience and provide value for your business. Here are three of the top business travel credit cards to consider:
- American Express Business Platinum Card: This card offers a generous welcome bonus, access to airport lounges worldwide, and a statement credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck, making it a great option for frequent travelers.
- Chase Ink Business Preferred Credit Card: With its flexible rewards program and bonus categories for travel and advertising purchases, this card is ideal for businesses looking to earn points quickly and maximize their travel rewards.
- Capital One Spark Miles for Business: This card offers unlimited 2x miles on every purchase, making it a simple and straightforward option for businesses that want to earn miles without worrying about bonus categories.
How to Apply for a Business Credit Card?
To apply for a business credit card and take advantage of the benefits discussed in the previous subtopic, businesses can follow a straightforward application process. The first step is to research and compare different credit card options to find the one that best suits their needs. Once a suitable credit card has been identified, businesses can visit the issuer’s website or call the customer service number to start the application process.
The application will typically require basic information about the business, such as its name, address, and tax identification number. In some cases, additional financial documents may be required, such as income statements or balance sheets. After submitting the application, the issuer will review it and make a decision, which is usually communicated through email or regular mail. If approved, the business will receive the credit card within a specified timeframe, and they can start using it to earn travel rewards and other benefits.
How Do Travel Points Work on a Business Credit Card?
Travel points on a business credit card work by allowing businesses to earn rewards based on their spending, which can be redeemed for travel-related expenses such as flights, hotel stays, and car rentals. Here’s how travel points work on a business credit card:
- Accumulating points: Businesses earn points for every dollar spent on their credit card. Some cards offer bonus points for specific categories like travel or dining.
- Redemption options: Once enough points have been accumulated, businesses can redeem them for various travel-related expenses. This includes booking flights, hotel stays, and car rentals directly through the credit card’s travel portal or transferring points to airline and hotel loyalty programs.
- Additional perks: In addition to earning and redeeming points, many business credit cards offer extra perks like airport lounge access, travel insurance, and concierge services to enhance the travel experience.
Should You Get a Business Credit Card for Travel
Businesses considering their options for travel rewards should carefully consider whether obtaining a business credit card for travel is a strategic choice. While business credit cards can offer attractive travel rewards and benefits, they may not be suitable for every business. It is important to assess the specific needs and goals of your business before making a decision.
If your business frequently requires travel, such as attending conferences or meeting clients, a business credit card for travel can provide significant advantages. However, if your business does not have a high travel volume, it may be more beneficial to opt for a cash back credit card instead. The next section will explore the benefits and considerations of business credit cards for travel versus cash back options.
Business Credit Cards: Travel or Cash Back
When considering the best business credit card for travel rewards, it is important to weigh the advantages and disadvantages of business credit cards that offer travel benefits against those that provide cash back options. Here are three key points to consider:
- Travel Benefits: Business credit cards that offer travel rewards often provide perks such as airline miles, hotel discounts, and access to airport lounges. These benefits can be highly valuable for frequent business travelers who want to save on travel expenses and enjoy a comfortable experience.
- Cash Back Rewards: On the other hand, business credit cards that offer cash back rewards provide flexibility in how the rewards can be used. This can be appealing for business owners who prefer to have the freedom to use their rewards for any expenses, whether for travel, office supplies, or other business needs.
- Personal Preference: Ultimately, the choice between travel rewards and cash back rewards depends on personal preferences and business needs. Some prefer the convenience and perks of travel rewards, while others value the flexibility of cash back rewards. It’s important to consider your own travel habits and spending patterns to determine which type of rewards will provide the most value for your business.
How to Choose a Business Credit Card for Travel?
To make an informed decision on selecting the most suitable business credit card for travel, it is crucial to evaluate the specific needs and preferences of your business. Consider factors such as the frequency of travel, preferred airlines or hotels, and the type of rewards that align with your business goals. To help you in this process, here is a comparison table of some popular business credit cards for travel:
|Airport lounge access, travel insurance
|Global Entry/TSA PreCheck fee credit
|No foreign transaction fees, extended warranty
How to Get the Most Out of Your Business Credit Card?
Maximize the benefits of your business credit card by implementing strategic spending and redemption strategies. Here are three ways to get the most out of your business credit card:
- Take advantage of sign-up bonuses: Many business credit cards offer lucrative sign-up bonuses, such as a large number of bonus points or miles after meeting a minimum spending requirement. By strategically applying for cards with attractive sign-up bonuses, you can quickly accumulate rewards that can be used for future travel or other business expenses.
- Optimize spending categories: Some business credit cards offer higher rewards rates for specific spending categories, such as office supplies, travel, or dining. By using your card for purchases in these categories, you can earn more rewards and maximize your return on spending.
- Leverage redemption options: Look for business credit cards that offer flexible redemption options, such as transferring points to airline or hotel loyalty programs or using them to book travel directly through the card’s portal. By understanding the available redemption options and choosing the one that offers the most value, you can make the most of your rewards.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Use My Business Credit Card Rewards for Personal Travel?
Yes, you can use your business credit card rewards for personal travel. Many business credit cards offer travel rewards that can be redeemed for personal trips, providing flexibility and value for cardholders.
Are There Any Additional Fees Associated With Using a Business Credit Card for Travel Rewards?
When using a business credit card for travel rewards, it is important to be aware of any additional fees that may be associated with the card. These fees can vary depending on the specific card and its terms and conditions.
What Are the Specific Requirements for Applying for a Business Credit Card for Travel Rewards?
When applying for a business credit card for travel rewards, specific requirements may vary depending on the issuer. Generally, applicants are expected to have a good credit score and provide proof of business ownership or employment.
Can I Transfer My Travel Points From My Business Credit Card to Another Rewards Program?
Yes, it is possible to transfer travel points from a business credit card to another rewards program. This allows for more flexibility in redeeming points and maximizing the benefits of your travel rewards.
Are There Any Limitations on Which Airlines or Hotels I Can Use My Travel Rewards With?
When considering the utilization of travel rewards from a business credit card, it is important to be aware of any potential limitations on the selection of airlines or hotels.
In conclusion, choosing the best business credit card for travel rewards depends on individual preferences and needs. Nerdwallet’s top picks provide a range of options for earning airline miles and other travel rewards. Applying for a business credit card is a straightforward process, and understanding how travel points work can help maximize their benefits. Whether opting for travel rewards or cash back, selecting a business credit card that aligns with travel goals is crucial. Ultimately, getting the most out of a business credit card requires strategic planning and careful consideration.